Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Brotherly Menages



Many of my ménage romances involve brothers. I find it easier to write these types of stories because the emotional connection, whether good or bad, is already present between brothers. I also don't write m/m/f ménage, so brotherhood leaves no doubt the men are only involved and interested in their woman. I leave the m/m writing to my alter-ego, Winona Wilder.




I have a new series contacted with Siren Publishing, Ride 'em Hard. The first book will be out August 17th and involves, you've guessed it, three brothers. Yep, gotta love the cowboy brother ménages.



However, the second book in the series features not brothers, but complete strangers. There is zero emotional connection between the men. They're all cowboys—hard-muscled sex machines with a strong work ethic and old-fashioned values. So, although they are hardcore cowboys and very hetero, it was still a challenge to get the men connected on some emotional level so they can have a HEA with the heroine.

There is a unique bond between siblings.  They have a history, and have overcome obstacles, hardships, and heartbreak together. Even if they fight or disagree, at the end of the day, they'd never wish the worst for the other.  As an author, it feels natural to allow them to share a woman.  It's also lots of fun!

Want to win a copy of my very first brotherly menage, DAMAGED COWBOYS?



Those troubled cowboy brothers have a special place in my heart. 

*Just comment and let us know what you like and don't like about this type of menage.*


Stacey xo

10 comments:

Amelia James said...

I love menage stories and I've written a few of my own. I've never read sibling menage before, but it sounds hot. The emotional connections could get complicated. I think I need to read some of your books. :)

cinful1121 said...

What's not to like. Combo of menage & cowboys (brothers or not) Sign.Me.Up!!
;-)

heather said...

I love menages. I like how if it's two brothers, you can see how much they love their women and how much they want to protect her. Now, if were talking about a m/m/f, well thats very hot too :) Yes, definitely count me in, please!

chamblinh@gmail.com

Ebony Dreams said...

I love all types of menages. This sounds like another excellent read. Ebonysbbwnikki@yahoo.com

MichelleKCanada said...

I love menage stories. I like both types - brother and friends. I think I like friends more and I think I prefer M/M/F the best of all. However, I do really like them all.

Pros and Cons for both.
The only thing that bothers me about brothers is that when the story is about nonbrothers, the authors talk about how the men "feel" each other through the thin layer of the woman's skin and how erotic it is. That "feeling" is never mentioned with brothers yet I am sure that it is still there.
Do you know what I mean?

Great topic. MichelleKCanada
http://anotherlookbookreviews.blogspot.com/
another_look_book_reviews at hotmail dot ca

Christi Snow said...

oooh, your books sound sinfully good. I personally prefer when the guys are not related, but there is a great symbiotic effect when the guys are close like brothers are. My personal favorite menage is M/M/F....

*yadkny* said...

Hi Stacey!
I agree with your assessment on the brotherly menage. Since you don't need to build the emotional connection between some of the characters because it's already there then you can just really focus on the heroine. What I find great about them too is that not only is the emotional connection there, but they also already know each others strengths and weaknesses. It's a benefit to the heroine and the reader.

yadkny@hotmail.com

Heather in FL said...

I don't mind if it's brothers if it's some kind of PNR, like a werewolf pack. Or, for example, if they are a symbiotic twin pair or something like that. I'm not sure I like it if that's not an element of the story just because of what Michelle said... most menage, the guys talk about how they can feel each other and how that feeling gets them more excited. So what would that mean about brothers? It sort of sounds kind of incestuous at that point. Also, even if they aren't feeling each other (as in DP), it would just seem strange to look over the back of the girl you're screwing to see your brother getting a BJ from the same girl. That's just my opinion of course. I'll still read it, lol, it's just not my favorite type of menage. :-)

Bookwyrm369 said...

I love menages of all sorts but I can see your point about brothers already having an emotional connection and thus able to focus more on the woman :-)

smaccall AT comcast.net

desitheblonde said...

wow the book is great i pick hired and then it great cover and the blurb about it the one you giving away is great wow it great