Friday, December 2, 2011

Guest Blogger: Georgia Fox

Happy Release Day to Georgia Fox!

I can't wait to read my copy of The Good Sinner's Naughty Nun (The Conquerors, 4).  I'm hooked on this series!!  

Check our Georgia's article below...




Thierry Bonnenfant has a mission to fulfill - transport a padlocked casket of holy relics across the sea to Normandy. Sounds easy enough, until he finds that his fellow travelers will be none other than a group of ...nuns. 

Thierry was hoping for different company, something decidedly less virginal. Now, resolved to a very dull journey, where his only pleasure is arguing with a naughty, quarrelsome nun named Sister Vivienne, he has no warning of the storm ahead. 

Vivienne is also on a mission. The priceless vase hidden inside that casket of relics is her pass to freedom. All she has to do is find the key in Bonnenfant's breeches. Apparently he's all brawn and no brains. Seducing him to get that key should be her easiest task ever. 

But she's reckoned without this particular sinner's last remaining scruples. And the reckless, bloodthirsty warrior's only fear. Of nuns.

The Conquerors series:

The Ever Knight
The Virgin Proxy
The Craftsman



A Musical Ménage a Trois


I was interviewing some fellow writers recently on my blog and one question that really charmed out some revealing answers was this—

"If you had to choose three songs for the soundtrack of your life, what would they be?"

We all have songs that remind us of various points in our life— happy, sad, crazy in love, ready to rip someone's throat out, massively depressed, lusty and celebrating...so many ups and downs that maybe three songs isn't enough. Sometimes we want a little bit of everything, as I've mentioned before. The good thing about a ménage is we can cover all the bases.

If I had to chose just three, my songs would be - Kenny Rogers' singing "Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town (oddly enough it reminds me of my father - which sounds sinister in context with the lyrics, but trust me, it isn't!);  Adele's "Don't you Remember" (because it reminds me of an awful poem I wrote about an ex-boyfriend when I was 18, sitting on a beach crying my eyes out at midnight, smoking one of the few cigarettes I've ever had); and Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give you up" for that bouncy, happy, brain-free feeling it still gives me - the thought of getting ready to go out on a  Friday night, "downtown" with my pals, all dressed up and planning how to make our wages last at least until Monday. Usually wishful thinking. I guess I like to remember the period of time before bills, mortgages and housework - when the only trouble I had was of the boyfriend variety. For an alternate, I'd choose "Call Me" by Blondie - because, well, it's Blondie (and also because it was the song that introduced me to Richard Gere in American Gigolo— surely a life defining moment).
I also like building a song list when I'm creating characters. When I'm actually writing, I prefer quiet, but in that period of preparation and exploration, I get a lot of inspiration from music. 

For Thierry's story in THE GOOD SINNER'S NAUGHTY NUN, I chose "See the Day" sung by Dee. C. Lee - a song about learning to trust and opening your heart to something new; "Till A' the seas gang dry" sung by the Mediaeval Babes (for obvious reasons if you read the book!); and "Bridge over Troubled Water" sung by Art Garfunkel, because it brings me to tears for some reason. And I am no cry-baby.

So that's my soundtrack for Thierry. Not sure he'd approve, but I think his heroine Vivienne would appreciate the sentiment. She'd enjoy that musical threesome as much as she relishes her encounter with Thierry and the mysterious Dominic Coeur-du-Loup in THE GOOD SINNER'S NAUGHTY NUN.

As for Dominic...hmmm...back to the old CD collection, because he's going to be a whole other story!
Now what's your ménage a trois soundtrack?

Georgia Fox

1 comment:

Wicked Leanore said...

I love the premise of this book and this author is becoming a fave of mine! Loved this spot so much!
AKA: Bonnie Lea from RNJ