Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Holiday Treats

There are so many ways to celebrate the holidays. In fact, I think there are as many quirky traditions as there are quirky families. Every family is quirky, right? RIGHT?! So I'd like to share a few of my family's traditions with you guys.
  • We always get each other movies. Then on Christmas Eve, we open the movies and choose one to watch together. 
  • We eat chicken enchiladas and sopapillas instead of turkey or ham.
  • We have a family concert, playing all our favorite Christmas songs. Mine is Oh Holy Night (I like to throw my family off and sing the French version, Cantique de Noël).
I think my all-time favorite tradition, though, would have to be decorating the Christmas tree and watching White Christmas with all the women in my family. There's nothing like laughing and singing along to Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney, or trying to tap your toe really fast like Vera-Ellen. 


So I hope that you all have lovely holidays, and feel free to share some of your family's weird traditions in the comments below. I always love to hear about them! And enjoy my favorite scene from White Christmas.




Also! I have a new cover on the right. SO MUCH EXCITEMENT!!!

No comments: