Thursday, March 29, 2012

Can a threesome story be funny?

Most definitely! But I wasn't sure at first.

When I first tested the waters of menage, as a reader, I noticed that most tended to veer toward the drama. Intense emotions, hot and heavy sex(with lots of bodies), and playing with the conventional idea of romance until multiple partners seemed perfectly natural. It was great and I gobbled it up, but when it came to writing menage, I wanted to do something different. Something more me.

My first attempt was Scared Of Spiders. Not too long of a story, but action packed, I dipped my toes into the world of threesomes and the dance among partners. I liked it--alot. I popped out a few more; A Ghostly Menage, Cleopatra's Men. They were good but I didn't hit my stride until Defying Pack Law. In that story, I hit the right combination, in my mind anyway, of having enough individual personalities, enough conflict about the relationship itself and the emotional coming to grips with the situation--followed by hot and sweaty sex with a handful of bodies. Now that took some choreographing lol. Readers loved it.

I'd finally succeeded in melding a bunch of people into a cohesive menage, but could I repeat it and make it funny? I personally like a good giggle with my romance. It was from this desire that I created Delicate Freakn' Flower. I took two best friends, an outspoken heroine who didn't want a pair of men and just had some fun writing. I brought the humor that I love into the mix, even in the bedroom, and wow what a story. Months later, I am still incredibly happy with the result as are the readers who've taken the time to contact me. Could I repeat it? I did my best to keep that humor intact while changing up the characters in Jealous And Freakn' and I wiped the sweat from my brow when the positive feedback came in.

I accomplished my goal. But, now the problem is, I've had so much fun writing stories where the women get their men (in the plural) that I find myself wanting other stories to have the same fun. Dual Abduction was my next victim-- two purple alien warriors fighting for the hand of one barbarian human. When punching each other out fails, they team up and seduce her, a seduction that is rife with giggles.

So what's next on the funny threesome menu you ask? Well, I've got a project or two to start/finish up, then I'm tackling Already Freakn' Mated. I'm the mood to write some more about those Freakn' Shifters. Dying to giggle like a fiend as I tap away at my keyboard. I can't wait to see what's in store. And then...who knows. Maybe at one point my new cyborg series is going to run into a dilemma that needs a pair of sexy half bots coming to the rescue. Or perhaps there's going to be some multi loving needed in my FUC universe. I’ve even had some Alien Mate fans ask if I’m going to give a pair of my big blue guys a woman to share. Don't worry though, whatever my twisted mind comes up with, you'll be the first to know.

Happy reading :)
Eve

4 comments:

SusieJ said...

I love your "Freakn'" series and the "Pack Law" books - they have great stories and sex scenes but best of all they have humour..your characters aren't allowed to take themselves too seriously..and as a reader I love that...thank you!
Hugs xx

Eve Langlais said...

Thanks Susie :)

June M. said...

I am a huge fan of everything I have read from you. Love the Abduction Purple Aliens, the Freakn' series, Pack Law, Geeks, and Princess of Hell, and so many more. Truthfully, I haven't read anything from you that I didn't love. I can't wait to read more (still have some back books to get to and all those in the future). Thanks so much for adding laughs to your smokin' hot stories!

Eve Langlais said...

Thanks June. I hope I keep hitting your happy reader spot :)