Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Staying True To The Story...

..Sometimes upsets readers.

 I've got a series, titled Pack, that consists of two books so far; Defying Pack Law and Betraying The Pack. Fans loved the first book. They eagerly jumped on the second when it released, and while a large majority of them loved it as well, I got in trouble, big time, because I'd dared to do something unthinkable. I made one of the heroes fail. Those who've read it know who I'm talking about. In my defense, had I done anything else in the story I would have gotten accused of predictability. I hate being predictable as you should know by now. So yeah, I messed with a well loved character and I got alot of mail about my decision to be true to the story, some of them tearful, some of them quite angry.

But the thing I told them all was don't worry, his story isn't done. My third book in the Pack series has been completed and sent to my publisher Amira--who accepted it and gave it a release date of July 20th. This hefty third book is chock full of action, angst, heartbreak and triumph. You'll see characters from the first and second book as well as meet new ones. And we're going to see if one lone wolf can achieve redemption. Does he deserve forgiveness from his pack? His mate? Can he forgive himself? You'll be able to find the answers to those questions and more soon. Very, very soon.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about then you need run, don't walk, don't pause, to the nearest online bookstore and get your copy of Defying Pack Law and Betraying The Pack. See what's got readers buzzing. Or wait two week and come back when I'm hosting a giveaway to win those two Pack stories.

In the meantime, happy reading, and remember, even though it's hard, a writer needs to stay true to the story. And sometimes heroes need to fight for their happily ever after.

And just to tease, here's the rough blurb for book 3, titled Seeking Pack Redemption.

Sometimes even outcasts can earn forgiveness.

Thrust into a nightmare, Thea thinks all hope is lost, until an unexpected rescue by three strangers. Forget returning to her old life though, because not only does a psycho vampire want her back, a trio of wolves wants to claim her as their mate.

What started out as a search for his missing sibling, turns into a rescue mission of a woman who makes his inner beast howl. Trent knows it wrong to want his dead brother’s mate, but he can’t help himself, and neither can his friends. However, danger stalks the one they want and they’ll have to face true evil before they can set her free.

And for an outcast wolf, the path to redemption is lonely. Can Jaxon ever atone enough to be welcomed back to his pack and into the arms of the woman he loves?

1 comment:

SusieJ said...

Ooh, I love the sound of this! I enjoyed the first two books and admit that I was shocked when a "goodie" went "bad"....they're your characters so I knew you must have a reason for doing this...and as you say..the story wasn't predictable!
Hugs xx