Friday, June 29, 2012

This wonderful journey


It hit me yesterday that I’d recently signed my nineteenth contract as an erotic romance author, which also means, my current WIP (or WIPs as I have three) will become lucky number twenty.  The three will have to have a fight to the death as to which one will get finished and get the coveted acceptance first.  That may be fun to watch.  I could sell tickets and popcorn.
The beginning...
Anywho...I started out with Abduction, an alien fantasy MF that had been a dream I’d had.  I got it down on paper within two weeks, amazing even myself. Two years later, and I finally found a publisher.  My upcoming release, Magic, Mischief, and Mayhem, is a shifter MFM, the final one in a 3.5 part series and is one in seven of my multiple partner romances.  It seems like decades have separated the two, not just a handful of years.  Time flies by way too fast.
Number 17
When I was published nearly four years ago for the first time, I had no idea that I would have come so far in such a short period of time.  No, all of my fantasies haven’t come true quite yet.  Plus, most of the illusions of grandeur that I once had have fallen by the wayside.  There is no mansion, no fancy cars, and there are no male sex slave(s) chained to my bed.  Sigh.
But, I didn’t start writing because I wanted to become rich and famous.  I wrote because it felt good to create something and be able to share my stories with other people.  To have a publisher say, this isn’t total shit and I want to publish it, really is something incredible.  Then to have fans email/message you with their support—that’s just icing on the cake. Mmmm…cake.  Sorry, I’m on a diet.  Where was I?
 I can say that this has been one wild ride thus far.  I’ve met some incredibly interesting authors and wonderful fans along the way.  So, this post is for all of you.  Thank you for your friendship and support.  It’s been fun to have you beside me along the way.

2 comments:

Carolyn Rosewood said...

Fabulous post! Really enjoyed getting to know you better. :)

Susan W. said...

Nice post! Now I need to go and find your books!