Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Squeals Heard Around The World


Mia’s in the house! Wow. Saying that felt even better than I thought it would. See, I’ve always wanted to walk in a crowded room and shout my arrival like the heathen I want to be. But of course, I’ve never been in a situation where I could get away with it. Translation: I’ve never been able to hide my tomato-red face when I embarrass the crap out of myself.

Now that I’ve crossed that off my bucket list, I have something else I want to do. But you’ll have to close your eyes and use that fabulous imagination of yours. So go on. Close them. Hey, hey, hey. Don’t think I can’t see you peeking. Keep that up, and I’ll be forced to get a blindfold. And if I have to go in the toy room, I’ll grab a little something extra. Hmmm. (taps chin with index finger) What to get? What to get?

Eureka! I think a gag and rope should fix you right up. What do you think? Ohhhh…you think that you want me to take a tour of the toy room? I should have guessed. How about this? Close your eyes or suffer the consequences. I have an iPod and a microphone. Trust me, I know how to use it.

Ah, good. You see it my way.

So picture this. I’m going along on an average Friday. It’s a nice day out, and I’m typing away on Sarah Matthews, Deke Andrews, and Adam Stanton’s story. Of course, I’m in a good mood. Who wouldn’t be? It’s the day before the weekend. Can we say hell-to-the-yeah? Good because I did.

Anywhoo, I’m puttering around, thinking about lunch. My stomach was very relieved…the silly thing had been growling for fifteen minutes. But I hear a ding on my phone. Dum-dum-dum. Curious as to who could be sending me a message (yep, I’m nosy like that), I pull up the internet on my laptop. Lo and behold, I have a Facebook message from…drumroll please…one of my favorite authors, who just happens to be a When One Is Not Enough blogger. Immediately, I get excited—embarrassingly giddy. Yes, I am a total fan girl. I own it. I embrace it. It’s who I am. So I do my happy dance…as inconspicuously as possible. But we’ll pretend that part didn’t happen. Won’t we? That way I’ll keep my calm, cool, and completely non-dorky reputation intact. Please excuse my snort.

Taking a deep breath to settle myself (yeah right), I opened the message. And guess what I find. She was asking me if I was interested in being one of the bloggers at When One Is Not Enough. Interested? That was not the word I would use. Thrilled. Ecstatic. Over-the-moon. Those are more on track.

Needless to say, I immediately sent back a resounding YES! Then I did what I always do…I called my hubby with an, “OMG! You’ll never believe this.” Squealing. “I’m going to blog for When One Is Not Enough!” More squealing.

Did I stop there? No, my excitement train kept on rolling. I called my beta, who probably thought I’d lost my ever loving mind. Oh wait. I lost that a long time ago. Lost my marbles? Nope. Lost those, too. Sheesh, I lose everything. If my head weren’t screwed on…

Oops, I’m getting sidetracked. Ha! Like that’s a first.

Finally, when I got done making my calls, I settled down. Okay, I got as settled as I get—which isn’t saying much. Once a flibbertigibbet, always a flibbertigibet. And I had a moment of awe. Being a part of a group of authors I’ve been reading for years, having my name next to theirs, is more than I could’ve dreamed of. Having grown to know the writers I respect and talking to them one-on-one is surreal.

So now, here I am reporting for duty on my first official blog day. Woohoo! And I’m being calm, cool, and completely non-dorky. Hopefully. Okay, probably not. But that’s okay. I have plenty of chances in the future to show you who I am—the good, the bad, the dorky, and the nutty. Buckle up. It’s going to be a wild and naughty ride. XOXOXO!

Love and cherries,
-Mia

***CONTEST***

Since I have a new release this week, I thought I’d do a giveaway. Leave a comment below telling me who you would go fan girl (or boy) over. This can be an author, actor, singer, or anyone else. I’m easy to get along with. I will draw one winner on Wednesday. He/she will receive an ARC of their choice from the Sweet Serenity series in e-book format.



Coming Friday, November 16, 2012


The Sweetest Dish, Sweet Serenity Book 5

Love, laughter, friends, family, and a Thanksgiving none of them would ever forget.

After the highs and lows of the last year, Jaycee Blakemore, Shannon Dalton, Katie-Anne Jacobs, and Ella Blaylock-Asher are ready to celebrate their blessings with the people they love. But the return of their archenemy, Leila Schilling, threatens to destroy their perfect Thanksgiving.

Having spent months plotting the sweetest revenge, Leila’s arrival in Serenity, Kansas, immediately sets off a chain of events that turn Jaycee, Shannon, Katie-Anne, and Ella’s lives upside down. With an arsenal full of old hurts, veiled truths, and past scandals, Leila shamelessly exploits whatever she must to come out on top. However, she goes too far when she hurts the girls’ friend, Sarah Matthews.

Determined to rid themselves of Leila once and for all, the women unite to take her down. Only they discover on their path to vengeance that love is the sweetest dish in life—on Thanksgiving and all year round.

NOTE! The Sweetest Dish is a holiday reunion book in the Sweet Serenity series and is not stand-alone. We recommend reading this book after books 1-4.



15 comments:

Eve Langlais said...

It's awesome to have you join us, Mia. And just so you know, I am a squealer too!

MiaAshlinn said...

Thank you Eve. I'm glad that I'm not the only squealer! :)

-Mia

Rorotach said...

Congratulations Mia!!! I would have to say I would go fan girl over alot of the authors on here but if I had to pick one it would be Heather Rainier!!! I love everyone of the authors I read but Heather would make be go all fan girl, *giggle snorts*.

Thanks to all of you for all the wonderful reads.

Robin Womack
jtscheermom@verizon.net

RoseRaven said...

Congrats Mia!!!! You have joined a wonderful group here.

I would go totally fan girl over meeting any of the authors on this blog. Ok, I know your going to say I'm easily amused. Probably, but I so admire what you Authors do since I can't do it.

ladyroseraven at gmail.com

Ursula said...

So excited for you! I think you are in great company. I would totally go fan girl if I ever met...Hmmm...I have met almost all of my fav authors at RT...ooh! Bon Jovi! I would die if I ever met them. *swoons* have a great day!

umavery @ gmail.com

lorikingbooks said...

YAY Mia! Congrats on your new gig! I'm a dork because I get fan gaga over every writer/actor/singer I get to meet. My top pick would be getting to meet Miranda Lamber, Jason Aldean, and Deirks Bentley after a concert. Swoon worthy I'm telling ya!

Joanne said...

Congrats, Mia, on the new release. This book sounds fantastic. Can't wait to read it.
I would go fan girl for Thea Harrison. I love her Elder Races series.

e.balinski(at)att(dot)net

Lisa said...

Congrats, Mia!! I am looking forward to your blogs. If I had to choose anyone if would be my all time favorite author, Heather Rainier!! If I ever get to meet her it will be a **fan girl ** moment for me. Someone will need to pick me up off the floor. **swoon** Thanks to all of you for sharing your talents.

Lisa Phillips

Lisa said...

Sorry forgot to leave my email phillipsr3sons@gmail.com :)

SheriV said...

I met a lot of my fan girl authors. I believe you were there the time we hunted Anne Rice down. :P But I'd die if I met Reba McEntire in person, like pass out and hit my head on the way down(I'm not graceful even falling) Seriously she's my ultimate favorite singer.

smurfettev AT gmail DOT com

Cherie Clark said...

yay mia I go fan girl over all authors and as you may have realised you are in that catergory too. I am so happy that you have this gig you deserve it. Absolutely fantabulous.

MiaAshlinn said...

Robin: Thank you for coming and for being so supportive. It means a lot. By the way, I know what you mean about loving all kind of authors but there’s always one that stands out. I got to meet my one, and it was fabulous. I was proud of myself. I remained calm and cool on the outside…and completely dorky on the inside! I hope that one day you get to meet your “one.” :)

RoseRaven: Thank you so much. It is a wonderful group, and I couldn’t be happier about being here. Trust me. I’m annoyingly happy today. And I have to agree with you. I have met half the authors here, and I want to meet the other half. LOL. They’re fabulous. :)

Ursula: Thanks! I love it here already. :) RT was awesome, wasn’t it? Meeting all those authors was something I’m not likely to forget. I’m very excited about next year. Are you going to be there? I hope you are. :)

Lori: Thank you, Thank you. Everyone has been so welcoming. :) I love your list. I would totally flip over meeting Miranda. I love here. And Jason Aldean is yummy. Ah…maybe one day.

Joanne: Thanks. I hope you enjoy the new release. It was very special to me. :) I’m not familiar with Thea Harrison, but I will definitely be checking out the Elder Races. Sounds intriguing.

Lisa: Thanks Lisa. I’m so excited to start on some of the blogs. I have already started planning. *rubs hands together and laughs maniacally* Oh and if you ever meet Heather and fall to the floor, I’ll help you up. I’ve been there, done that, bought a t-shirt. So I’m more than happy to help a fan girl in need. :)

Sheri: I do think I was there. But I don’t remember hunting down Anne Rice. Nope, not me. Hehehe. Okay, I was there, and I loved every second of it. Reba is a good choice. She is very talented. I just hope you don’t hurt yourself. I would miss you. :)

Cherie: You would go fan girl over me? Thank you. That’s so sweet! Now I’m having a dorky, very happy moment. Shocking, I know. I might have even squealed a little. :)

MiaAshlinn said...

And the winner is....Ursula! Congrats! :)

Ursula said...

Thanks for having the contest, Mia. Finally I can catch up on the series. :)

Juniper Bell said...

Congratulations, Mia!! I think they picked the perfect person! ;-) Have tons of fun on the blog.