Thursday, December 20, 2012

The End of the World ... Falalalala-lala-la-la

I don't know about you, but I'm so sick of hearing about the end of the world.  I almost can't wait for it to be 12/22/12 so it can stop, but then we'll just have to suffer the "OMG! We're still alive and the Mayans were wrong" posts and comments.

I can't wait until 12/23/12.

We've been talking about this stupid day for, what ... about four or five years at this point?  They started production on the movie 2012 in 2008 and know damned well we'd already heard the rumblings before that. 

I have one good, solid reason the world isn't going to end tomorrow.  My birthday is 12/21.  This year, I turn 39.  Not 40.  So, the world won't end until NEXT YEAR.  12/21/13 -- it's on!  You've been given an extra year now, so get yourselves in order.  

All according to the mighty Alexandra! *sound theatrical threatening music here* :P

Now I just wonder what the next doomsday prophesy will be.  Will they dig out good ole Nostradamus again or will we get something completely new and interesting?  I'm all ears. 

LOL

I also want to take a moment and thank all the readers who've helped make 2012 an incredible one for me.  It's been a wild, bumpy ride and you've made it an incredible adventure for me.  Thank you.  I hope you and your family has a wonderful holiday, whether you celebrate Christmas, the Solstice, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or it's just another great 4th week of December.  

For the new year - I hope you are all safe, happy, and loved.

And since it's my birthday and Christmas and the world's not ending (yet) - why not offer a giveaway?  Any one book off my backlist to a random commenter.  You can check out my backlist HERE.





3 comments:

Susan W. said...

Happy Birthday for tomorrow! 39's not a bad year, neither will 40 be next year!
suz2(at)cox(dot)net

Joanne said...

Happy Birthday!!!! You know you're 29 again.

e.balinski(at)att(dot)net

Alexandra O'Hurley said...

Congrats Joanne - you were the winner :) (And not just because you claim I'm 29 - although that's enough to win!)