Thursday, January 10, 2013

To pierce of not to pierce....

As I finished up one of my stories, I decided I wanted my hero to be a little on the bad boy side. What did I do? I gave him a nice piercing (I am sure everyone can guess where.) Since I don't have any unusal piercings of my own, aside from my ears and my belly button when I was younger, I did a little research and found some interesting, if not brow raising images. Of course I won't post an images on here, but I thought I'd share a few of the more unusal places people get pierced. If you're feeling brave, I highly suggest you Google some of the names and take a gander at the images. They might make you blush, though. Fair warning :)





-Ampallang: The ampallang is a male genital piercing that penetrates horizontally through the entire glans of the penis.

-Apadravya: The apadravya, like the ampallang, is a piercing that passes through the glans. While the ampallang passes horizontally through the glans, the apadravya passes vertically through the glans from top to bottom, almost always placed centrally and passing through the urethra.

-Dydoe: A dydoe is a type of male genital piercing that passes through the ridge of the glans on the head of the penis.

-Frenum Piercing: A frenulum piercing is a type of piercing located on the underside of the shaft of the penis. A series of parallel frenulum piercings is known as a frenum ladder.

-Guiche piercing: A guiche piercing is a piercing on the perineum. Guiche piercings are much more common in men than in women.

-Hafada piercing: A hafada piercing is a surface piercing located anywhere on the skin of the scrotum.

-Prince Albert: The Prince Albert (PA) is one of the more common male genital piercing. The PA is "a ring-style piercing that extends along the underside of the glans from the urethral opening to where the glans meets the shaft of the penis." The related "reverse prince albert" enters through the urethra and exits through a hole pierced in the top of the glans.







2 comments:

Lily said...

Great post - Ouch! to some of those piercings though!

I've had a couple of my heroes sport Prince Albert's it's great fun to throw into the bedroom, not least describing the heroine's reaction :-)

Jenika Snow said...

I totally agree Lily! It certainly does spice things up ;)