Sunday, May 12, 2013

I'm Hungry...Can Someone Pass Me a Supernatural Sandwich?

After watching Supernatural for the first time this weekend, I'm ravenous for more. And I'm not just talking about the tv show. Now before anyone gets their panties in a wad, I loved the plot. And the byplay and one liners were funny as hell. But Sam and Dean made the show. And that sinfully sweet '67 Chevy Impala was icing on the cake.

Looking back, I have to admit that I wasn't all that keen on watching Supernatural. In all honesty, I saved the show into my Netflix instant queue months ago and forgot about it. Then recently, Supernatural came up in a conversation with one of my friends. And I had that well crap moment when I realized that I had forgotten all about iteven though I had promised to watch it and report in.

Yep, you can say it...I'm a bad, bad girl with a bad, bad memory, and I should get spanked for my forgetful ways. Maybe then, I'll remember not to forget and procrastination won't end up biting me in the butt. Oh wait, you weren't saying it. Were you? That was all me. Ah well...

So some of you may be wondering why I didn't want to watch a show with two hot hunks of men and a badass car. Under normal circumstances, something like that would have my name tattooed on its proverbial ass. But no, not this time. This time, I was a fraidy cat. I kept thinking about the nightmares the show would inevitably give me. And I wasn't all that convinced that any meneven ones who were as delicious as Sam and Deanwere worth a week of nightmares.

Nevertheless, I told myself, Suck it up, Mia. What's the worst that could happen? You wind up dreaming about sentient beings who want to do all sorts of wicked things to you. This could turn out hot. Right? Think Sherrilyn Kenyon, J.R. Ward, Larissa Ione, and Shelly Laurenston. Hello?!?

Well, I'm sure you can guess what happened next. Yep, I sent sent my happy self on a journey to Lawrence, Kansas to find either the drool-worthy Winchester brothers or the sentient beings who might or might not be able to rock my world. Of course, while on my trip, I tried very hard to not think about the finer details like the whole getting my blood sucked, being bitten by a shapeshifter and turning into some sort of unknown creature, being dragged to hell by a demon, or having a ghost haunt me until I pulled my hair out and checked into the local insane asylum. After all, a girl shouldn't sweat the small stuff.

By some miracle, I survived my first episode. By 'survived', I mean that I got hooked on the show like a junkie with a new drug. Seriously, Supernatural should come with warningslots of them:

Danger: Show is addicting. Once started, there is no stopping.
 
Caution: The men are hot enough to melt your panties. So bring more than one pair.
 
Important: Beware of the scary monsters. They are not nice, and they do not rock your world.
 

 
Danger: Show is explosive. Literally and figuratively.
 
Caution: Overheating is likely. So bring a bottle of ice cold water and set the thermostat to 69 degrees.
 
Important: Don't cry for the car. Bumps and bruises can be fixed.
 
 
 
Danger: Inhale and exhale while watching to prevent passing out from lack of oxygen.
 
Caution: Gigglesnorting can lead to choking. Avoid drinking.
 
Important: Watch the show while hungry. Ravenousness enhances the taste of a big, juicy Sam and Dean sandwich.
 

So I guess there's no real moral to this random post. The only thing I can say is to watch the show and enjoy your own Supernatural sandwich or pass it to me. God knows I'm hungry for more!

XOXOXO,
-Mia

4 comments:

Eve Langlais said...

Now I want to watch it. But I don't have Netflix. Darn it. I might have to visit Walmart for season one lol.

MiaAshlinn said...

Eve, I really, really like Supernatural. Obviously, the men are yummy. But their interaction really draws me in. In my every day life, I enjoy the complexities of a relationship, whether between friends or lovers or siblings or whomever. Well, these two have that 'it' factor. And it keeps me coming back for more. The car and their hottness helps, of course! But seriously, I would recommend it. And I know that most of my friends swear it gets better with each episode, which makes me even more anxious to dig in a little deeper. But only time will tell... ;)

Lisa Carlton said...

I have heard a lot about it and have seen commercials about it and yet I have to say I have not watched it either.....I'm going to have to just to see the hype....I know the guys are yummy

MiaAshlinn said...

Lisa, you should watch it. Really. I'm just so into the brother's relationship. They inspire me. LOL. And if you won't take my word for it, ask Tina and Luna. They love it. :)